Hello dear ones! Last week we studied Ancient China again. We also spent a brief time on Ancient India. Here are my Pinterest links for India and China: http://www.pinterest.com/doverette/sowchina/
At the top, we’ve got
- The wall of China made out of Styrofoam blocks.
- Chinese willow vase with cherry blossoms.
- Chinese flag
- thumb print Chinese lanterns
- Wall of China drawing from Draw and Write Through History
- a Terracotta soldier made from clay (China)
- Henna hand cookie (India)~ just a hand shaped sugar cookie with a food coloring Henna tattoo.
- Henna hand print (India)
- China lapbooks
- another view of the Styrofoam wall of China
We read about Buddha (Prince Siddhartha) for India & Confucius for China in The Story of the World. We also watched several videos and read books about the Wall of China and the Terracotta soldiers. You can find videos in the links from above.
The Great Wall was quite an undertaking. The directions are in my Pinterest link. I’m thankful Chris helped Michael make this. He did a wonderful job.
Michael practiced some calligraphy numbers.
We learned about India’s Caste system and I drew this elaborate pic to illustrate. 😉
I combined three studies for a Veteran’s Day lapbook. Here they are:
Michael interviewed his Daddy for the Vet interview.
It was an interesting week despite all of us being sick with the Flu. Here’s when I caught Michael reading Dr. Suess to Tessa. He really likes to read to her.
Well, God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover