In this post: I show my favorite holiday sims in the virtual world of Second Life.
Hello dear ones! I hope you are well. I know my December posts have been scattered. We will get back to normal in January, Lord willing. Meanwhile, I am still chugging along. I’ve had time to check out some neat holiday sims. I’ll start with the top:
- A Christmas Carol sim @ Visit Brigadoon Bay (70, 192, 21) This place is neat because you can listen to a radio drama of A Christmas Carol while exploring places from the book. You can actually go to Scrooge’s house. The door knocker is interactive too and the Christmas ghosts!
- North Pole Sleigh Ride Adventure @ Visit Streeter (20, 5, 23) Top right pic of inside the chapel and middle pic on right of the sleigh ride. The title says it all. You hop in a sleigh and explore the Christmas village with all it’s neat scenery. I really liked the chapel.
- Christmas Town sim @ Visit Elizabeth Town (99, 45, 70) This was my favorite place because of the big ice castle. You ice skate through and travel back in time to different Christmas movies (It’s a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story, and National Lampoon’s Christmas). There are pics second row from the bottom too. There are a couple family friendly stores and I got a pic of a Christmas table. Not all the stores are safe though so take note. Another fun thing is the interactive Christmas parade. You get a free band uniform with instruments. I’m marching with my trumpet.
- More links below the pic…
- London City Christmas @ Visit London City (102, 113, 23) I can’t say London city is family friendly because I haven’t been there enough. I had a brief visit because of the amount of traffic and lag. The picture of the snowman and me holding hot chocolate is from there. It is a pretty place to stroll around. Maybe I will check it out again on a quieter day.
- Yuki No Yume (A dream of snow) @ Visit Sand Bar Island (117, 155, 27) The beautiful snowy pic on the bottom right. This is a Japanese winter wonderland that’s perfect for photography.
- Winter Scenes @ Visit Dizza (204, 222, 22) The bottom left pic of me making a snowman. Winter Scenes is a quiet and lovely place to explore. I took more pictures but you can probably tell that I’ve been saving on space. Anywho, there is a cozy cabin where you can read by the fire and stargaze through a telescope.
Lastly, I encourage you to check out the virtual ballet “The Nut”. It’s based on The Nutcracker and is a joy to see, granted you’ve got a good graphics card. It’s playing live on Wednesdays and Sundays. There’s more info at the link below. Also I’ll include a link to my blog coverage from last year.
Last year’s Virtual winter post:
Well, that’s it for now. I have a bunch of posts to get to you and I’m sure I will before the new year.
God bless and remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
PS: If you can’t see the play in Second Life then go to Youtube and search “The Nut Ballet Pixelle”.