In this post: A short dive into the 1800’s. Here’s week 1 as we study Lewis and Clark, Sacagawea and Claude Monet.
Hello dear ones! This is a super short post but I didn’t want you to think I was skipping the first week of the 1800’s. We were so laid back this week. I’m thankful to finally be in the 1800’s though. I’m almost caught up on posts.
- We read about Lewis and Clark and their westward journey in Story of the World Book 3. We also learned about Napoleon, the Haitian revolt, and the rise of factories.
- Michael read “Who was Sacagawea?” and started reading “Farm Boy”.
- Michael drew Sacagawea, a grizzly bear, and the White House from his Draw Through History book.
- Michael read about Claude Monet and then he made a 3D lily pads in a pond picture inspired by Monet.
- Michael played an interactive Louis and Clark game.
Links after the pic…
Pinterest link for the 1800’s:
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
The 1700’s week 3:
The 1800’s week 2: http://amberdover.com/2014/05/27/the-1800s-week-2-south-america-mexico-james-audubon/