Hello dear ones! Do you have resolutions for the new year? I’d love to read them in the comments. We had quite the year in 2014. Last New Year’s I skipped the bucket list, but we still had some bucket list moments despite that. I was able to mark off a few things from my 2013 Bucket list, and there are things that I would’ve never put on my 2014 bucket list or expected. They happened anyways. God is so full of surprises. His plans are better than mine! The whole year is a testament to the goodness of God. The fact that he’d take someone like me who deals with chronic pain and was declared barren…then allow me to have this adventure…is just amazing. He took my anxious heart and gave me boldness when I needed it. I could not have done any of this without God’s hand. Nothing is impossible with God!
- Saw the White House (took a road trip to Washington D.C., saw monuments & museums). (On 2013 bucket list)
- Ice skated under the stars.
- Played in lots of snow.
- Learned to use the metro.
- Started the second book in my trilogy.
- Overcame the fear of driving/riding after my big wreck in January.
- Raised chickens & gathered our own eggs.
- Made new friends.
- Had some great date nights.
- Went on a Missions trip & flew overseas to Belize. First time flying overseas.
- Walked the Mayan ruins.
- Kayaked in the ocean.
- Shared the gospel with hundreds of kids in Belize & through VBS.
- Led worship on a pier early in the morning.
- Saw wild iguanas & parrots.
- Ate chicken foot.
- Trekked in the jungle.
- Saw a pineapple farm & other tropical fruit growing in it’s natural setting.
- Put on an Easter play & a Nativity play for our homeschool group.
- Taught a huge year long history study on Creation through the 1800’s. Had fun parties, ate good food, and did several neat crafts/experiments.
(We were actually half way through by Jan 2014. So I’ll give you the link for the middle ages & the last link of the year. You can hop to the other posts from these.)
- Had several fun themed parties.
- Threw my first baby shower, for my bff Hannah & met her new baby, Miriam.
- My sister got pregnant and had her first child. Saw my nephew on Skype.
- I became pregnant after 8 years of infertility. Felt life inside of me and saw it on ultrasounds.
- Found out I’m having a boy. His name is Leeland Patrick Dover :). Due April 12th, 2015
- Shot a bow (on 2013 bucket list)
Did you have any major unexpected events in 2014?
2015 Bucket List
(not in any order)
- Give birth naturally & have a healthy baby. http://amberdover.com/2015/04/28/knit-together-leelands-unmedicated-birth-story/
- Breastfeed and cloth diaper. http://amberdover.com/2015/07/01/life-with-baby-breastfeeding-baby-wearing/ http://amberdover.com/2015/05/18/life-with-baby-cloth-diapers/
- Be in the moment with my family.
- See my husband graduate from college. Support him as he starts a new job. http://amberdover.com/2015/06/03/chris-graduation/
- Pass Michael from 4th to 5th grade in homeschool.
- Have more dates & couple time with my hubby.
- Have margin (breathing room) in my finances, relationships, and time.
- Have a deeper intimacy with God & understanding of the Bible.
- Practice contentment with Godliness.
- Meal plan better, save on groceries, and prepare healthy meals with more variety.
- Commit more to my book and to bettering my blog.
- Volunteer again and give more.
- Be surprised by God and follow wherever he leads. Enjoy the journey.
Well, this bucket list is smaller and less detailed. Lord willing, God will fill in all the details. If we are given the future, our family has many changes coming. I have no clue what adventures are coming our way. I just know that God’s plans are far better than mine and they always blow my mind.
I pray you have a blessed new year! Please leave me some comment love if you will. God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover