In this post: Crafts, treats, and Purim celebrations.
Hello dear ones! This is how we celebrated Purim this year:
- A Queen Esther craft~ I found this template for a Queen Esther puppet but our brown bag got thrown away. So instead we pasted it onto a paper plate and made it a centerpiece.
- Decor~ We brought out the Haman and Esther shakers from years ago, the Haman ears cookie crafts, and a lovely vase of flowers with ornaments on it (a peacock, dragonfly, and butterfly).
- Peacock drawing~ Michael and I made this Purim sign using a peacock tutorial. Peacocks were special to the Persians. They believed peacocks were guardians of royalty. King Xerxes was the king of Persia.
- Baking Haman Ears or Hats~ This is a beloved tradition of ours. This year we used raspberry jelly in part of the cookies and Nuttella in the others.
- Watching “One Night with the King”~ an embellished version of the Biblical story of Esther. It’s based on a fictional book.
Well, God bless & remember the High King lives!~ Amber Dover
Purim pinspiration: https://www.pinterest.com/doverette/purim/