Hello dear ones! My family took a trip to Albany, Ga and had a blast at the Flint River Aquarium, Ray Charles Plaza, and Turtle Park. We also saw Art Park and had ice cream at Cool Scoops. Albany has all the bells and whistles of a big city but with small town charm. Let me show you!
Albany is a hidden gem. We originally went for the Flint River Aquarium but when we got there we discovered a whole lot more. One day I hope to go back to fully explore the area. Here’s what we found:
• The Flint River Aquarium~ We really enjoyed it here. It’s not as big as the Atlanta aquarium, but it’s not as crowded either. There was plenty to see and interact with.
• The Turtle Park~ A giant turtle, xylophones, and an awesome playground! What more could you ask for?
• The Art Park~ Art Park was sadly closed when we got there. We were able to look inside though. The park is a groovy place where graffiti is legal. Seriously, they encourage you to spray paint the walls! There’s some great works of art in the park. I can’t wait to go back to explore and to add my own painting.
• Ray Charles Plaza~ This memorial to the late Ray Charles is brilliant. It’s a fountain with his statue on top. You can hear Ray’s greatest tunes coming from the speaker. Piano keys surround him and there’s also raised keys on the sidewalk. It’s like walking on a giant piano! You can sit on an eighth note, and there’s a mural of the treble clef. Every musician should see this place!
• Cool Scoops~ Not far from all of this is a nifty little ice cream shop. The service is great and the people are super friendly.
Have you ever been to Albany? What’s your favorite attraction? God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover