In this post: The Force Awakens games, food, costumes, art, and our parody video. Please join us :).
Hello dear ones! I’m so excited to share this post with you. I will admit that I was never a fan of the original Star Wars movies. My husband and eldest son love them. I really enjoyed the new Star Wars movie though. The Force Awakens was refreshing. It felt kid friendly. The characters Rey and Kylo Ren intrigue me, and I can’t wait to see their back stories. I have my theories. The hubby and I have made a bet on one of them.
Anywho, we bought the DVD for Michael’s birthday. I promised him I’d put together a movie party awhile back. So I threw this one together in a day and a half. There’s a ton of inspiration online to pull from. I’m thrilled to share…but first, here is our parody video. We’ve never done anything like this before. It’s short but fun.
We had to get in character for the party. If you’ve followed me long you know we like to dress up. By the way, you can find my other groovy parties up top under the party menu.
- I dressed the part of Rey. It wasn’t a hard costume. I just put on neutral colors and tried to get her hairstyle.
We had to have BB-8 somehow. So I made a…
- BB-8 Necklace ~I used fake pearls, and Sharpies.
- Rey’s hairstyle inspired by:
- Michael as Kylo Ren ~ We found the shirt at Target. The cape was made by Chris’ Mom several years ago for Halloween when Michael was Darth Vader.
I decorated our chalkboard door/ family command center.
- Chalkboard Art~ I outlined the silhouette of Kylo Ren & Rey’s fight scene.
We had several themed activities/games.
- Star Wars Bingo from: https://www.getawaytoday.com/blogs/2016-02-23/the-force-awakens-bingo-game-printables
- Star Wars puzzle from the Dollar Tree,
- and of course we watched the DVD of The Force Awakens.
We started making peg dolls but we only finished BB-8. I’ll update if I finish Kylo Ren and Rey.
- BB-8 peg doll
- Pool Noodle Light Sabers~ Chris wrapped pool noodles with duct tape. We had a blast with these!
- Balloon Stormtroopers~ Idea from: http://www.thearenaupdate.com/2013/10/an-epic-star-wars-party-with-minimal.html
- Balloon Stormtrooper Fight~ I put glow stick bracelets on the light sabers, and we went to battle!
- Bantha Milkshakes~ inspiration from here:
I mixed vanilla ice cream, milk, and blue food coloring. I topped it with whipped cream and blue sprinkles.
- Kylo Ren Light Sabers~ bread sticks, and I found the labels here:
- BB-8 Droid Parts~ Homemade Beef Stroganoff which I made in this post: http://amberdover.com/2013/10/27/my-family-rocks-sunday-taste-of-home-inspiration/
- Chewie Cupcakes~ These were left over from Michael’s birthday with our homeschool group. They are brown like Chewie…so why not ;).
- Princess Leia Buns~ pinwheels
- Light Side/ Dark Side drinks~ Blue and Red Gatorade
Well, I hope you are inspired and that you choose the light side ;). God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
More Party ideas:
Star Wars on Pinterest:
Our first Star Wars Party: