In this Post: Gear up for MockingJay 2 with this sweet date night! Hunt for the MockingJay, go to War, and feast like a victor! Find out if your love is “real or not real”.
Hello dear ones, and welcome to amberdover.com! I’m excited to share this date night with you. The activities are of my own invention! We had another Hunger Games date years ago, and here’s that link:
Now, back to MockingJay. We began our movie marathon with:
- a delicious Turkey Green Bean Skillet dinner inspired by: http://www.primaverakitchen.com/ground-turkey-skillet-with-green-beans/
- sparkling grape juice
- and a game of War.
Next, we savored MockingJay cupcakes. They represent the battle between Katniss and President Snow. The orange represents Katniss, the girl on fire, and I attempted to make white roses on the top for Snow. Only one turned out pretty. I’ve never been good at decorating cakes!
We took a mid-marathon break for
- Find the MockingJay– a scavenger hunt/ hide-in-seek game with a twist. President Snow is on the trail of Katniss, the MockingJay. You must find her (the MockingJay symbol) before he does. Snow has left white roses with clues everywhere. Don’t get “captured!”
Here are the rules:
- The first player hides white roses with these clues, all leading to the MockingJay symbol. The second player races to find all the roses and the Mockingjay before the timer goes off. Then the second player hides. The first player searches for them and when they find the second player they “capture” them with a camera.
Here are a few clues:
- Clue #1“Ms. Everdeen, it’s the things we love the most that destroy us.” ~President SnowLook near someone dear.Hint: A picture
- Clue #2“If we burn, you burn with us!”~KatnissLook near something that can get hot.Hint: An oven of any type, a fire pit, or heater(My Hubby was tricksy and put the rose IN the oven.)
- This was our last clue:
“There are much worse games to play.” ~Katniss
You will find the MockingJay in the Capitol.
Hint:___________________ (My hubby used the hint, brain, to lead me to the schoolhouse.)
- I hid and my hubby “captured” me with the camera!
We ended our date with
- a game of Real or Not Real?
Thank you so much for hanging out, and I hope you are inspired! God bless & remember the High King Lives! ~Amber Dover
Check out my other date nights and parties here:
Date Night Ideas on Pinterest
PS: I used the Hunger Games font for all my printables.