In this post: See the world through rose colored glasses with this classic date night! Enjoy delicious banana split bites, play Bananagrams, and watch the Audrey Hepburn classic Sabrina! Plus More!
Hello dear ones! I’m excited to share our latest date night. in fact, we just did this last night! I love Audrey Hepburn movies. I hope to share many more classic movie dates in the future. For now, here is “Sabrina”.
So I set the mood outside by:
- hanging a foam moon and paper stars
- watching Sabrina outside with a projector
- a string of lights
We grilled out and had
- Oreo Banana Split Bites for dessert~ recipe here: http://thedomesticrebel.com/2013/07/03/oreo-banana-split-bites/
(Note: I couldn’t find Neopolitan Oreos, so I used Double Stuffed Heads or Tails Oreos)
It was very romantic with
- a dance to La Vie En Rose
In the movie there is a song called “Yes! We have no bananas!”, which inspired our dessert and also our game:
- Bananagrams~ Chris won although I made a larger grid. He finished before me. It was a challenging and fun game.
There are so many other activities I wanted for this date but alas we didn’t have time. I’d love to inspire you though. Here they are:
- Cook a French recipe together
- Put together a model car
- Play La Vie En Rose on the piano and sing together
- Play tennis and have sparkling grape juice in wine glasses
- Use a painting of the Eiffel Tower for the set
If you’ve never seen “Sabrina”, it is a sweet and PG-rated movie. Once you see it, all of these activities will make sense. They correlate with the movie. Sabrina is the daughter of a rich family’s chauffer. Her father takes care of the Larrabee family’s automobiles. Sabrina is in love with the youngest Larrabee, but he is a womanizer and doesn’t even notice her. So Sabrina’s father sends her to France to change her focus in life. After attending a French cooking school, Sabrina truly does start to see life through rose colored glasses (La Vie En Rose). I’ve never seen any of the modern versions of this classic, but I can’t imagine anyone doing better than Audrey Hepburn. Well, I hope you are inspired. Please leave me comment love if you use this date.
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
More Date Nights: