In this post: Join us for pirate books at breakfast and bathtime and yummy donuts!
Hello, dear ones! I have another Toddler Life post for you. I had to share the pirate-y cuteness! September 19th was Talk Like a Pirate Day. Krispy Kreme has a tradition of giving free donuts for people who participate. So the kids and I dressed up. I expected to get a free donut each, but we ended up with three boxes each! We shared with friends. We also had other pirate-themed fun. This was Leeland’s first time celebrating. We missed it last year.
If you don’t remember, we had a neat pirate birthday party for Michael when he was six. Leeland is wearing Michael’s pirate hat. Here’s that post and I’ll share other pirate posts at the end of this one: http://amberdover.com/2012/04/09/crafty-monday-pirate-party/
You’d think that a 17 month old and ten year old couldn’t play together. But Leeland enjoys hanging with his big bubba. The pic below is of them sword fighting with foam.
- After the boys dueled, we had a very Autumn themed breakfast. I couldn’t resist getting pumpkin spice oatmeal. We enjoyed hot apple cider and a pirate book as well. The Pirate and the Firefly is a sweet Christian book about a little boy learning to have good character. The boy’s friends are in a pirate gang that steal candy and make mischief. The boy learns from a Godly firefly, to be a leader, not a follower. He becomes a captain who sets a good example to his friends. This is the best pirate book I’ve seen. It addresses the problems pirates have…like stealing and bullying.
- I got Leeland this pirate outfit from Walmart. It has a pirate monkey on it.
- My sister bought Leeland this boat bath set awhile back. I brought out the Jesus and his disciples figurines we had. Also, I found a Jake figurine from Jake and the Neverland Pirates.
- After Michael finished most of his school work, we loaded up and went to Krispy Kreme. Michael’s hat we got at a yard sale awhile back. He used it to be a patriot too when we studied the American Revolution. Michael’s jacket was part of his Hobbit costume. The golden belt we found at Goodwill. My shirt came from a gypsy-themed store in St. Augustine. I wore large golden earrings and a white bandanna. I wasn’t sure if I looked enough like a pirate, but I was given my own box anyways.
- I felt bad getting three free boxes of donuts, so I bought a pirate donut. Leeland and Michael really enjoyed it!
- Lastly, Leeland had a bubble bath and I read Bubble Bath Pirates. I like this book because it has two brothers pretending to be pirates. I like brother books. Michael reads them to his bubba. I also pulled out the boat bath set and a rubber ducky.
Well, I hope you are inspired. Did you celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day? I’d love to see your pics if you have a blog! God bless & remember the High King lives!~Amber Dover
More Pirate posts:
More Toddler Life posts: