In this post: Hannah’s Balloons over Broadway book lesson and other November fun from 2015.
Hello, dear ones! I hope you are well. November is such a great time to focus on thankfulness and blessings. It’s also the time of NaNoWriMo, National novel Writing Month, a contest to write a 50,000-word novel in a month. My family enjoys these traditions each year. We also like to watch the Macy’s Day Parade on Thanksgiving day. Last year, my best friend Hannah hosted a lesson on the book Balloons Over Broadway for our homeschool group. Balloons over Broadway is a book about the balloons in the Macy’s Day Parade. Here’s what happened…
- Macy’s Day Parade Book Lesson~ We learned about the history of the balloons in the parade.
- Hannah read Balloons Over Broadway.
Michael’s balloon~ Then the children made their own turkey balloons.
- Thanksgiving Watercolor~ Michael drew and painted this Thanksgiving scene.
- Michael read The Railway Children and drew a train.
- A lantern for the holidays
- Creepy Crawly Critters~ A homeschool family visited our group and brought all their pets. The kids had a blast learning about these creepy crawly critters.
- Doc Atoms~ We also had a science teacher/ magician/ comedian visit. He didn’t perform magic tricks but rather science experiments. Doc Atoms presentation felt magical though.
A little extra just because…
Well, I know this post is shorter than most, but I hope you are inspired to learn more about the Macy’s Day Parade. I’ve had my hands full working on NaNoWriMo and Michael just started basketball. I’ll try to catch up soon, though. God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover