In this post: Nine turkey and pumpkin recipes for a nontraditional Thanksgiving.
Hello, dear ones! So tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Maybe you don’t feel like baking the whole traditional feast, but you don’t want fast food either. You can still enjoy belly-warming goodness without hours of cooking. Here are nine recipes you can choose from for a simpler holiday meal.
- Remember the Turkey & Green Bean Skillet we had in this post:
- Turkey, Cranberry, Apple, & Brie Braid
from Trumpets http://amberdover.com/2016/10/13/trumpets-2016/
- Spiced Turkey Meatloaf from: http://amberdover.com/2016/11/04/the-junk-food-kid-comes-clean-week-4/
- Black Friday Pie~ http://www.smallfootprintfamily.com/recipes-for-thanksgiving-leftovers
I didn’t make any of the ingredients from scratch. I used cans and boxed stuff. The turkey is ground turkey because it’s cheaper and easier to work with. This tasted amazing and I didn’t have to have Thanksgiving leftovers to make it.
A yummy snack while you wait!
An easy dessert
- Pumpkin Chilli with Pumpkin Cornbread~ http://www.wickedspatula.com/paleo-pumpkin-chili/
I just bought a box of pumpkin cornbread from Aldis.
- Sparkling Pumpkin Cider~ A festive drink for the brave…Mom and Michael didn’t like it at all. Leeland was the only one who enjoyed the pumpkin cider. I kept the bottle for decoration, though.
- Stuffed Peppers Soup~ http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/2014/01/stuffed-peppers-soup.html
You can use ground turkey instead of ground beef.
Please let me know if you try any of these recipes. Do you have a favorite turkey or pumpkin dish? If so, let me know in the comments. God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
Pinterest Fall Recipes: