In this post: Snowman Placemat Pillows, a Lego Nativity, and a Snowman Carving.
Hello, dear ones! I have another short post from 2015. Michael and I had fun crafting last Christmas. Here are a few things we made.
- Placemat Pillows~ I saw this idea online and I had to give it a shot. I also wanted Michael to learn to sew with the machine. Here’s how we made Snowman placemat pillows.
- Take two placemats (ours came from the dollar store) and have the fronts facing each other.
- Sew around the edges but leave one corner unsewn.
3. Turn the placemats (now a pillow) inside out to show the fronts.
4. Stuff cotton batting into the pillow. You can use a stick or crochet needle to push in the stuffing.
5. Sew up the corner and voila! You’ve got lovely holiday pillows!
6. You’ll usually pay 6 or more bucks for a holiday pillow. This way, you’ve only spent two dollars!
- Lego Nativity~ Michael made this creation all on his own. I like how the star looks like a cross.
- Snowman Carving~ I can’t remember why I bought Michael a carving kit. We may have used it for a school project. Anywho, he wanted to make a gift for his Nana (my mom). She loves snowmen and has quite a collection. Michael did a good job for his first time carving a figure. I can’t wait to see the whittling he does in the future! My eldest is growing up so fast!
Well, enough of my sentiment. I’m so glad I can share these happy memories with my blog family. I feel like putting out these cherished moments into the blogosphere, means they may live on when I’m gone. I want to leave behind more than dust when I go. Okay, that’s a bit heavy for Christmas. Anywho, I hope you’re inspired to make your own creations. If so, I’d love to hear about it in the comment section. I’ve got a couple more Advent posts coming your way tonight and then I’m taking a break. You could say I’m catching up. That week with the Strep really knocked me down.
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
More Christmas Fun: