In this post: Last year, Leeland turned one and Michael turned ten. We had a construction birthday party! Fun, food, and decoration ideas coming your way! Also, a trip to Legoland.
Hello, dear ones! I am so happy to get my blog rolling again since the DNS issue. Unfortunately, I can’t bring back the months of missing posts…but I can move on. I plan on remaking posts as I go. For now, I have something sort of new. Last year we gave the boys a double birthday party. My heart aches a bit at the thought. Michael has since become a preteen and Leeland is a toddler. They’ve both entered new stages of life. I’ve got Leeland’s 2nd birthday blog post in the works to share soon. For now…here is Leeland’s 1st birthday and Michael’s tenth!
So we did a construction theme. Chocolate cake is perfect because it’s the same color as dirt…kind of.
I decorated the table with hard hats and traffic cones. Michael blew out the big cake.
I had a construction themed banner for the cake but I forgot to put it on. I used it later for our toddler water table play. It went great with the fake mud and cars.
Here’s the link for that post:
Leeland had his own chocolate cupcake.
He really enjoyed it! 🙂
Fun- It wasn’t hard to come up with several construction-themed games and activities.
- New sandbox & Candy Dig- The boys got a new sandbox. Add shovels and it’s the perfect activity for toddlers.
I hid candy in the sand for the kids to dig out (wrapped candy of course).
- Marshmallow Construction- The kids made buildings out of marshmallows and tooth pics.
- Block Construction and Demo- We had lots of scrap wood left over from Chris building the school house. So the kids had a contest between girls and boys.
The two teams tried to make the tallest and sturdiest building. The other team tried to knock it down. The girls won!
- Construction Puzzle Hunt in the School House- I hid a puzzle in the school house and the kids worked together to find the pieces and put it together.
- Temporary Tattoos- I filled the goody bags with temporary construction tattoos, candy, and little books.
Leeland with Chris and Granny
Michael checking out his New Bike
Video Game Fun- After most of our guests left, Michael played Minecraft with a few buddies.
Leeland had balloon fun with Nana.
Leeland and his buddy Miriam.
Construction Party Ideas on Pinterest
Fun in Legoland- The boys had double the fun when we took them to Legoland in Atlanta. the next weekend. The pictures speak for themselves. I highly recommend visiting Legoland at least once.
The city of Atlanta in Legos is amazing!
Well, God bless & remember the High King lives! Oh and thank you for sticking with me despite all the website issues.
More Birthday Parties