In this post: Fourth of July crafts, activities, and snacks!
Hello, dear ones! A lot is happening in the world (especially in Jerusalem). I hope you get a chance to check out my Rapture posts: http://amberdover.com/category/encouragement/the-return-of-jesus/
Moving on…we celebrated Independence Day with my grandparents but then again the following weekend with my Mom. Mom put together a fun afternoon/evening of activities. So most of these ideas were Mom’s ideas she gathered from Pinterest. I’ll post the links I can find. Here’s how we celebrated:
- Rootbeer Ring Toss
- Remote Control Four Wheelers– My Aunt and Uncle gave the boys these toys and we had fun racing them.
- Dart throwing– prize balloons
- Pinata fun!
- Shucking corn- So this wasn’t planned. Ha! Supper was taking a bit longer to get together. So we kept the kids busy by having them help.
- Burgers and hot-dogs, corn, asparagus, and baked beans
- Patriotic Cupcakes- Mom iced vanilla cupcakes with red and white icing and topped them with blueberries.
Mom lit birthday candles for our fireworks.
Crafts- It was nice to have someone else plan crafts and Mom did a great job.
Michael and Chris worked on the stick flag, while Mom and Leeland worked with paint and glue.
- Flag crafts
- Handprint flag- http://b-inspiredmama.com/kids-craft-patriotic-hand-print/
- Stick Flag– http://nontoygifts.com/easy-flag-craft-kids/
- Fireworks Crafts
- Q-tip fireworks– http://www.craftymorning.com/q-tip-fireworks-craft-kids/
- Wet chalk fireworks– http://www.craftymorning.com/wet-chalk-fireworks-craft-kids/
- Patriotic Wind Craft- there was a picture on Pinterest but no link.
We actually spent the weekend and day of the fourth of July with grandparents. Here are some highlights.
Fireworks with Mema and Grandpa
The Beach (more pics at another time) with Grandma
Riding on the four wheeler (with Chris’ Dad) and…
picking blackberries with my Hubby!
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover