In this post: My 3rd Pixar Camp post. Finding Dory crafts and activities!
Hello, Dear Ones! This Summer we’re having Pixar Camp! Basically, we watch Pixar movies, make themed treats, and have fun activities. This is the third post in the series. We spent a lot of time having ocean-themed fun to go along with Finding Dory and Finding Nemo!
Here’s a link to all of the Pixar Camp posts:
Here’s how we did it:
- Crafts and Books
These stuffed Nemo & Dory fish were on sale at Walmart. Blue cellophane makes a nice ocean. Stickers and coloring kit came from Dollar Tree. I found the dominoes at a thrift store. Thankfully Dory is still popular so you can find the merchandise easily.
- “Stained glass” Dory
- Ocean themed stickers from Dollar Tree
- Hermit Crab craft from our End of the Year party at our Homeschool group.
We read several ocean-themed books.
- Cookie cutter paintings
- Handprint Nemo and Dory craft
- Chalk and cookie cutters
- Pastel Resist Sea Animals- I drew sea animals with crayons and Leeland painted them with watercolors. The crayons resist the water color.
- Ocean-themed Playtime! Blue cellophane and a bucket of sea creatures from Walmart in the water table.
- Glow in the dark sea creatures on the bathtub wall
- Bath time fun with bubbles, ocean toys, glow in the dark fish, & a blue light!
- Blue Waves– I attached blue cellophane with a rubber band to a spinning light. It looked like waves on the ceiling! Leeland called it “fireworks”!
- Under the Sea playtime at the mall
- Sea Turtle interactive story
- Jonah and the Whale Interactive Story Time
- Our whale tent– I thought about adding eyes but we used our imagination.
- Whale and baby seal interactive story
- Snack and Movie- Goldfish crackers while watching Nemo and Dory
- Tybee with Grandma- We visited the Tybee Island Marine Center with my Grandma.
The boys walking on the beach…
The boys and I
The Marine Center– http://www.tybeemarinescience.org/
The Marine Center was small but super cool. We saw moon jellies,
a real life Nemo and Dory,
and a sea turtle!
We even got to play in the touch tank (something on Finding Dory).
We learned about the rehabilitation of sea creatures on Tybee. They rescue and release sea animals just like on Finding Dory!
The Ga Aquarium (I’m working on fixing the pics on this old post)
More Nemo crafts
Water table fun with water and sand!
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
More Toddler posts:
Pixar ideas on Pinterest: