In this post: Talk Like a Pirate Day 2017, Mermaid Cupcakes, and a Mermaid photoshoot in Second Life’s Mer Waters.
Hello, Dear Ones! So yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day. It is our tradition to dress up as pirates and travel to Krispy Kreme for a free box of donuts. Sadly, this year our store didn’t celebrate the day. We got donuts anyways and had a nice breakfast.
Then we took a trip to the Toy store for some treasure and then to the park for a picnic. The wagon was our Pirate ship!
Afterwards, I hid chocolate gold coins and the boys found them.
We began and ended the day with pirate vids and movies. I’m posting the Youtube vids at the end. There’s also a link to last year’s celebrations and links to past Pirate parties.
When I think of pirates I automatically think of mermaids. Several years ago, I posted my BFF’s Mermaid Party.
As a little girl, I dreamt of being Ariel from The Little Mermaid. I still have fun pretending. As you know, I like to explore and take photographs in the Virtual World of Second Life. My avatar is known to don a tail and swim the seas. The closest I’ve gotten in real life is a Snuggie Tail Blanket.
So while I cuddled up in my blanket and watched H2O, I decided to make these delicious cupcakes. PS: More Second Life pics after this.
- Mermaid Cupcakes- I was inspired by the cake from this post: http://smartpartyplanning.com/under-the-sea-birthday-party/
You can see the ingredients in the picture. I simply crushed the vanilla cookies to make “sand”. I used blue candy wafers and shell molds for the shells. The Rainbow Chip icing was just for my fancy. Of course, I used Little Mermaid liners.
The results were gorgeous and delicious!
Here’s another good treat. I didn’t get to this one: http://www.findingzest.com/mermaid-ice-cream-dream-shakes.html
- “Us” Ocean themed Sign- I painted this cute wooden sign a light blue and covered it in gems and added a shell on the side. It looked nice next to our beach footprint painting.
- Last Year- Lots of Piratey links and fun.
- Pirate Videos
- Now, it’s time for a photo trip to Second Life. Come explore the waters with me! Lord willing, I’ll have a video of my ocean journies to share next time and I’ll add the link.
There is a whole community of Merfolk in Second Life. They have their own “safe” waters that stretch across sims. It is a fun place to explore and there are many sites to see.
Though it is a bit frightening being chased by the Kraken, I like exploring every cave. I’ve got some funny footage of the Kraken chasing me…maybe I’ll show you another time.
Check out this underwater volcano!
There is a rainbow of wildlife.
The Ocean can be eerie.
You never know what treasures have sunk from the human world. What stories do they hide?
There are plenty of games to play under the sea but sometimes…
a mermaid gets bored…
or curious about the world above.
There’s so much to learn about humans!
Still, I prefer the Sea (at least as an avatar).
- Lastly, here’s our trip to the Pirate Museum in St. Augustine a couple of years ago. There’s also a few Beach crafts.
Well, I pray you are inspired. God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover