In this post: My 7th Pixar Camp post. Toy Story food and fun!
Hello, dear ones! How are you? I’m ready to finish up our Summer Camp posts. I’ve got just a few more and then we’ll move on to Fall and homeschool posts.
I love the Toy Story movies. The first one came out when I was ten years old and the last movie came out when my eldest, Michael, was four years old. We watched Toy Story 3 during my parent’s engagement. I made a fruit arrangement with Buzz and Jesse for their wedding. It really brought out my Mom and Stepdad’s personality. Ha!
Now I get to share the magic with Leeland. Before I share our week of Toy Story fun, here’s a crazy picture I took at our park. It is amazing the things people will do.
So...there’s that scary moment when you think Toy Story might be true! Is that Big Baby on the rock? Ha! I can only guess how the doll found its way on a rock in the middle of the stream.
Now onto Toy Story fun during Pixar Camp. We had a fun week. I based my themes on the characters…Woody (Midway Mania), Buzz (Space Fun), Rex (Dinosaurs), Mr. Potato Head, and Army fun for the soldiers.
- Our first stop, Toys R Us of course! Toy Story is all about toys and we also needed a Mr. Potato Head. He is the basic model but I bought more accessories for him later. Leeland has had plenty of fun with the set, especially when we learned about the human body.
- A Space Adventure at the Science Center…like Buzz!
Our Space Center has several flight simulators and one is inside part of a real spacecraft. So we went on a “mission”.
The boys played with the “Mars” rovers.
- Toy Story Midway Mania Party- We had a great time on the Midway Mania ride at Disney last year. So we had a Midway Mania party as we watched the first Toy Story. It was like a mini carnival. Here’s what we did.
- Find Mr. Potato Head- Well, you can probably guess how this game goes :).
The Set and More Games- I had leftover sky paper and so I glued it onto a project board for my centerpiece. This was also our shooting game. I used cereal boxes to make the other carnival games. I gathered our Toy Story toys and blocks. The tablecloth is burlap…to look Western like Woody.
- Midway Mania Shooting Game- I cut holes in the board and added spinning targets with toothpicks holding them to the board. We used a toy gun, which also came with more targets.
- Alien Toss and Dino Fun with Rex- I used green pom-poms and wiggly eyes to make the Toy Story aliens. The dino sticker kit came from Dollar Tree.
- Fishing Game- I can’t remember where I bought this small mechanical fish game but it was cheap.
- Books and Space Goodies- We took home a few space goodies from the Science Center. We read toy themed books and books about space. Raggedy Ann and Corduroy are my favorite toys to read about.
- Pin the Badge on Woody- I bought this game in the party section.
Yummy Food- I went for cute but easy when it came to lunch.
- Buzz’ Rocket Fuel- Koolaid
- Hamm’s Ham and Cheese Crackers- Lunchables
- Pizza Planets Mini Pizzas- Totino’s Pizza Rolls
- Army Treats- Forest themed Little Debbie brownies and cakes.
- Mr. Potato Head’s Potato Chips- Veggie chips
- Woody’s Popcorn and Cotton Candy- I used our Popcorn Maker and Cotton Candy machine.
I make my own Cotton Candy mixtures with sugar and flavors like vanilla, peppermint, or rootbeer extracts. They taste pretty good.
Different Flavors with food coloring and different extracts
Let the fun begin!
Leeland playing with the Dino Kit. He and Nana are being soldiers.
- Toy Story Magnets- I printed out the characters and attached magnetic strips to the back. I used a background scene from our Pixar movie kit. I put the scene on a magnetic board.
Here’s another picture of the Pixar Playset. Dory and Nemo came to visit.
- We found this old PS Toy Story 2 Game.
Themed Play and Pretend
- Dino Play
- Cowboys and Barbie Play
- Space Play
- Space Themed Bath with glow sticks, glow in the dark stars, and a glowing moon
- One morning we had Breakfast at Cracker Barrell with Old-Fashioned Toys and Candy. I think Woody would approve!
- Dino Park & Chuck E Cheese- The Dino park goes with Rex but Chuck E Cheese was an extra bit of fun!
- Another Dino Day
- Army Fun- water grenades, little paratroopers, and army gear!
- Toy Story Photo Shoot- I used more of the cloud paper and I drew the rest.
My sweet astronauts
and Army Men
More Space Ideas from Leeland’s Space Birthday:
Disney Camp: Toy Story
May you be inspired! God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
Pixar Camp posts:
Pixar ideas on Pinterest:
Toddler Life Posts:
Space Ideas on Pinterest
Dinosaur Ideas on Pinterest