In this post: Bats, cats, and spiders! Oh, my! Become a bat, Pete the Cat, spider stacking, and more toddler fun!
Hello, Dear Ones! We love learning about creepy creatures around Halloween. Some of them can be quite adorable really…like:
We read books and watched Youtube videos about these creatures of the night.
I especially like the “Bats at…” series. The sweet little bats go everywhere. We really enjoyed reading about their trip to the library.
Past bat fun:
- Bat Colony flying in the night- Leeland painted and I drew the baby bats. We make a good team :).
- Bat Decor– I bought the blowup bat and foam bats at Dollar Tree and the bat lights and blanket at Walmart.
- Baby Bat Care- I incorporate roleplaying as much as possible. I’ve left most of that out so you can see our crafts, but in the future (Lord willing), I’ll do more posts on our play and Biblical learning. This stuffed bat was bought at The Ark Encounter in Kentucky. We watched videos about baby bats first. We watched real bats and we watched Stella Luna being told.Then we made our own baby bat burritos!
- Bat Sensory Bin- https://fun-a-day.com/stellaluna-activity-night-sky-sensory-play/
- Chocolate Bats– I drew bat shapes on wax paper and poured chocolate on top.
- Be the Bat- Here’s Leeland hanging from our Autumn fabric tree. I got the idea for a hanging bat here and the idea for a Leeland bat here.
Spider Stacking- I stuck straws in a spiderweb basket and Leeland strung spider rings on them.
Cats- Black cats are beautiful and so misrepresented. Yes, Chester can be a punk, but overall he’s a sweet cat. There’s nothing evil about him and black cats look so pretty with orange.
- Black Kitty stuffed animal- I used a sock, buttons, and beans (for the filling).
- Black cat books and decor– I got the cat head at Dollar Tree.
- Cat videos
- paper plate cats
- Handprint Black Cat
- Pete the Cat paper bag puppet
- Cheerio Halloween Book– Leeland enjoyed playing with and eating his Cheerios while reading.
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
More Fall Fun: