In this Post: Our 2017 Advent list and links to this year’s Christmas posts with a short synopsis.
Hello, Dear Ones! I can almost say I am finished with Christmas posts…but I still have an Epiphany post to come. I am mostly finished though. I’m happy to finally have our Advent list ready. May you be inspired!
Christmas Parade at the end of November
Advent List 2017
1. Basketball Game- Michael started his second year of Upwards Basketball. Yaaa!
We decorated our tree right after Thanksgiving so it’s not on this list. Here’s a post full of tree fun!
2. Ice Skating in the Mall (train & carousel)
Leeland wasn’t allowed to ice skate at this rink…so he and I had a Cinnabon while Chris and Michael skated.
Leeland and I rode the Christmas train.
Chuck E. Cheese in the mall
3. Outdoor Movie: Charlie Brown Christmas
4. Christmas Tea Party @ Oxbow & message of the Birds with bird treats
5. Pack a shoebox online
6. Nativity stones/blocks & Nutcracker craft with movie
7. Ornaments at Scholars
We weren’t able to do this one, so I’m including our shepherd post.
8. Salt Dough Ornaments
9. Basketball game and Rudolph fun
10. Frosty the Snowman Ice Cream party
11. Night out with Dad while Mom goes out.
Pictures from my Mom’s Night. My friend planned it all and did a beautiful job!
12. Kingly Quest, Read The Gift of Christmas Cookies, and make cookies
13. Deliver Cookies
14. Christmas Party at Scholars
15. Narnia party & Live Nativity
16. Basketball game & Star Wars
I have no pictures for this, so here’s a post on gifts and the wise men.
17. Mortimer & gingerbread houses
18. Gather donations
Here’s our Christmas date post instead.
19. Jesus’ Birthday party and go out with Nana
20. Gather donations. The Grinch.
21. Ludy Lights and hot cocoa
22. Dover Christmas Concert at Nursing Home
I’m smiling at Leeland because he shouted “reindeer”! We were getting ready to sing “Rudolph”. Our homeschool group came along to sing. If I make a video of our concert then I’ll include the link later.
23. Wraps ups, silly games, and silly movies
I forgot this Medieval artwork so I’ll put it here :).
24. Camp out in the living room and watch Nativity. Eat a nice dinner with Family. Open one gift each. We also went to a candlelight service.
25. A family breakfast then Christmas at Nana’s!
I’m only showing pics from our house for now.
Lastly, here’s a post to inspire you.
Do you have special holiday traditions? Do you make an Advent list? What are your top five Advent activities? I’d love to hear from you in the comment section.
God bless & remember the High King lives! ~Amber Dover
More Christmas posts:
Advent 2016 and Jesse Tree devotions: