Hi, I’m Amber! Welcome to my blog, a place to seek and celebrate Truth. I pray you will be encouraged. Please join me on my adventures as I create and explore. There are many ways to be inspired on amberdover.com
- You can find hope in inspirational posts and Bible studies. We will dig into God’s Word, the ultimate source for Truth.
- You can find ideas to enrich your marriage and learn about God’s design for sex. Let me help with date night as well.
- You can find tips for parenting by grace and prayer. Learn about natural childbirth. Enjoy Life with Baby, and Toddler Life. Also, tips (coming soon) on parenting a preteen.
- You can join my journey as a writer, and find resources for your endeavors as well.
- You can explore places that are virtual and physical, without leaving your chair. I’ll be your guide.
- You can enjoy virtual and real world photography.
- You can find tips for crafts and decorating. Let me be your guide for the holidays and party planning.
- You can find natural remedies and ideas for overall wellness. Find empathy and encouragement if you suffer with chronic illness.
- You can be inspired in all things domestic.
- You can learn tips for homeschooling, and keeping the fun. Enjoy diverse ideas for teaching. Learn about different curriculum.
- You can find ideas for your pets.
- Most of all I pray you find peace and hope in Jesus. My heart’s desire is to point you to the arms of Jesus. He is THE TRUTH. He is also my best friend, and the Lord of my life. I would be nothing without Christ.
Okay, now that you know what to expect here, let me get a lil more personal. My name is Amber and I’m a devoted follower of Jesus. I’ve got a lot of problems and I make a lot of mistakes, but God is merciful and full of grace. I’m proof that God can use cracked pots, and the foolish things of this world. I had no vision and no purpose, until I met the High King, Jesus. God led me to my husband Chris and him to me. God blessed me with two precious children, Michael and Leeland. Even my dog, Tessa, has a miracle story.
Jesus is the source of my inspiration. I write books and poetry. I like to make crafts and plan parties. I love to decorate for the holidays, and I do celebrate many holidays. I homeschool because God called me to. I seek to live naturally (though I admit it is a struggle). Something unique about me as a “mommy blogger” is that I am also a virtual world explorer and photographer in Second Life. I’m an avid gamer. I’ve made a video using the Sims and I hope to make more in the future.
As a kid, I daydreamed in class and created comics. I love to travel, and I hope to go back to Belize on more mission trips. I’m also an online student of Liberty University working toward my Bachelors of Science in Biblical and Educational Studies.
My Dad was a drug dealer that repented and became a minister. He died in 2009 of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, and I miss him dearly. My Dad was known as the “Poetry Man”. Him and my Mom both have inspired me. They too were and are writers. My Mom is my best friend and she is working on short stories. She is also a CNA, graphologist, and a mighty woman of God. Because of divorce and other family dynamics, I grew up around a diverse set of people. I learned it is good to be mentored by older generations, and to then be a mentor to the young. I also learned that “gypsies and pirates” aren’t always what they seem. Underneath they are hurting children. I have a heart for the hurting, because God loves everyone.
Music and adventure were a big part of my childhood, and I continue to pass the torch to my children. My parents loved to dance and sing with me. We also sang in church together. My Dad and I played the piano, and I later learned to play the flute and a lil bit of guitar. I would go on mini adventures with my Mom and Step Dad. It was not unusual for us to strike out and explore a stream or walk a dirt road. I am blessed with an imaginative mother, who made up stories. I want to be like her. I want my children’s days to be filled with wonder. Overall, I want them to see the wonder in Christ, and the beauty of God and His creation. God speaks always. We just need to listen. My Granny (and Mom) taught me to sit still during a thunderstorm and quietly be in awe of God’s majesty. Sometimes in the craziness of life I forget, but I long for and pursue that simple breathing in of God’s goodness.
God’s creation..especially frogs, snails, caterpillars, and the pet kind fascinate me and kindle a child like joy. I am particularly fond of birds and watching them from my kitchen window. I truly get giddy when I come upon these creatures. My Papa was a farmer and a lover of animals. My Aunt works in a Veterinarian’s office. As a kid I spent time there. We often took in stray pets at home. Now I have my own furry family and they certainly keep us entertained.
I got married at 19 to my soul mate, Chris Dover. We have a ten-year-old son, Michael. We also have a miracle son, after 8 years of infertility. His name is Leeland and he is almost two. We’ve lived both the military and college lifestyles. My husband deployed twice to Iraq. My husband is a disabled Veteran who specializes in computer programming. He is also a musician, avid hunter, and skilled handyman. Michael, my eldest, is a musician, Minecraft/ Lego genius, and a skilled goofball. Leeland is part Klingon. He entertains us with his songs and toddler dance moves. You can learn about our pets, under the pets page above.
Lastly, you can see what my doctrine is by reading my inspirational posts and here is a good one to start with:
I belong to the Baptist denomination, but I have been in many denominations ever since I became a Christian in 1998. I would describe my beliefs as Bapticostal ;). Many of my beliefs have changed over the years as I grow in my faith. But my core belief remains steady and always will: Jesus Christ is God (a part of the Holy Trinity) and the only way of salvation. He died on a cross to take the punishment for my sins (yours too, the whole world’s!), and three days later he rose from the dead. He is now alive and sitting at the right hand of the Father. He will return for His church, all who have believed in Him and confessed Him Lord of their lives. This video sums up my core beliefs.
Well, I’ve never been good at telling short stories. If you’ve read this far, then I congratulate you. I’m going to let your eyes rest now. God bless & remember the High King lives!